John W. Kirk Psy. D. ABPP/CN
About Dr. Kirk
Dr. John Kirk was born and raised in Houston, Texas. He received bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University (Gig ’Em Aggies!) and earned his master’s degree from the University of Houston at Clear Lake. He moved to Colorado in 1998 to begin graduate school at the University of Denver, where he met his wife Dr. Jennifer Kirk. After living out of state for 3 years to finish their training, they moved back to Colorado in 2004 to enjoy the quality of life that our beautiful state offers.
Dr. Kirk enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and their two daughters. On weeknights and weekends, you might find Dr. Kirk coaching ultimate frisbee to middle and high school students, and on the rare occasion lacing up his cleats to play. Dr. Kirk also enjoys attending live music concerts, snowboarding, playing drums, collecting vinyl, and mountain biking.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Denver (APA Approved)
- Two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Pediatric Neuropsychology at John’s Hopkins University School of Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute (APPCN Approved)
- Licensed psychologist in the State of Colorado
- Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology
- Board Certified Subspecialist in Pediatric Neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology
- American Psychological Association – Division 40 and Division 22
- American Board of Professional Psychology-Clinical Neuropsychology
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- International Neuropsychological Society
- Colorado Neuropsychological Society