Kristin Vaver, Ph.D.
About Dr. Vaver
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Colorado State University.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Virginia (APA Approved).
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Psychology at Packard Children’s Hospital at
- Licensed Psychologist in the State of Colorado.
Dr. Vaver's Professional Experience
- Over 15 years of professional experience evaluating infants, toddlers, school-aged children, and adolescents with developmental delays, Specific Learning Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Brain Injuries, and other complex medical presentations.
- Rehabilitation Psychologist in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Children’s Hospital Colorado, for over 12 years.
- Clinical Psychologist at the Reginald S. Lourie Center for Infants and Young Children, Rockville, Maryland, for three years.
- Expertise in the neurodevelopment of infants and young children ages 0-8.
- Extensive experience evaluating children who were adopted internationally as part of the Children’s Hospital Colorado International Adoption Clinic. Multiple professional presentations to International Adoption agencies and conferences.
Rosenberg, A.A., Lee, N.R., Vaver, K.N., Werner, D., Fashaw, L., Hale, K., & Waas, N (2010). School-age outcomes of newborns treated for persistent pulmonary hypertension. Journal of Perinatology, 30(2), 127-134. Epub 2009 Oct 1.
Nicholas, K.K., & Pianta, R.C. (1994). Mother-child interactions and seizure control: Relations with behavior problems in children with epilepsy. Journal of Epilepsy, 7(2), 102-107.
~ Speech-Language Pathologists, The Children’s Hospital, Aurora, Colorado – November 2009
“Risks to Speech-Language Development in Children Adopted Internationally”
~ Assessment Seminar, The Children’s Hospital, Aurora, Colorado – May 2009
“Assessing the Neurodevelopment of Infants and Toddlers using the Bayley Scales of Infant Development – Third Edition”
~ KidStreet Therapy Care, The Children’s Hospital, Denver, Colorado – November 2008
“The Interrelationship of Neurodevelopment and Behavior in Children with Complex Medical Needs”
~ Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado – June 2008
“Issues in International Adoption”
~ Chinese Children Adoption International, Centennial, Colorado – October 2007
“Assisting Development of the Internationally Adopted Child”
~ Mapleton Rehabilitation Center, Boulder, Colorado – February 2006
“Psychology Consultation to a Multi-Disciplinary Feeding Clinic”
~ Brain Injury Association of Colorado Annual Conference, Vail, Colorado – September 2005
“Executive Functions in Young Children with Traumatic Brain Injury”
~ Courage to Risk: Collaborative Conference for Special Education, Colorado Springs, Colorado – February 2005
“Serving the Special Needs of Children Adopted Internationally”
~ Early Childhood Institute: The Power of Relationships, Keystone, Colorado – October 2004
“Assessment of Children Adopted Internationally”
~ Chinese Children Adoption International, Centennial, Colorado – July 2001
“Role of a Psychologist in Assessing the Cognitive, Social, and Emotional Development of Children Adopted Internationally”
~ Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children (ATTACh), Alexandria, Virginia – October 1999
“Comprehensive Forensic Evaluation of Child-Caregiver Attachment in Child Welfare Cases”
~ American Psychological Association, San Francisco, California – August 1998
“Fathers’ Reactions to Their Child’s Diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy”
School Advisory Committee 2007-2017
Ryan Elementary School, Lafayette, CO
School Advisory Committee – Chair 2012-2020
Angevine Middle School, Lafayette, CO
Boulder Valley School District Parent Council 8/12-current
Boulder Valley Schools Education Center, Boulder, CO
Legislative Volunteer 1/12 – 5/12
Matt Jones, Colorado State Representative, House District 12
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction – 8 week program (2016)